Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 G 20 mph
- Barometer29.64 in (1003.6 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
4 Miles ENE Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. High near 58. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 5am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 24 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE