Winter Storm from the Mexican Border in Texas to southern New England through Thursday
A widespread winter weather event is underway from southwest Texas into parts of southern New England. Most locations will see moderate to heavy rainfall before changing over during the overnight hours. Sleet and freezing rain are expected from south/central Texas into the Southeast while significant snowfall is expected from the southern Plains across the Mid-Atlantic into New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT CROSSES THE REGION LATE THIS EVENING...WITH A SERIES
WEAK WAVES OF LOW PRESSURE RIDING ALONG IT INTO THURSDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN THURSDAY NIGHT...THEN SLIDES TO OUR SOUTH
THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. A SERIES OF WEAK COLD FRONTS CROSS THE
REGION THIS WEEKEND INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight NW wind around 10 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNW wind around 12 kt. Snow, mainly before 4pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 10 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE