Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedSE 17 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.50 in (999.0 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
3 Miles NNE Breezy Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 4pm. High near 53. South wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a south wind 16 to 24 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE