Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer29.63 in (1003.2 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
2 Miles NE Carteret NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 41. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 59. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 19. Windy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph becoming northwest 24 to 29 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northwest wind around 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE