Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
2 Miles NE Carteret NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 34. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1am. Low around 30. Northeast wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE