Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedE 12 mph
- Barometer29.42 in (996.1 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
3 Miles ENE Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, mainly after 4pm. High near 58. South wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 17 to 24 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE