Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
- Wind SpeedW 17 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1021.9 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
4 Miles ENE Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 23. West wind around 9 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 28. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Temperature rising to around 34 by 1am. Blustery, with a northeast wind 16 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE