Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
6 Miles SE Bayonne NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 7 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely before 3pm, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE