Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
5 Miles SE Bayonne NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 14 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 35. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 32. East wind 9 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE