Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
12NM ESE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF THE WATERS THROUGH
EARLY NEXT WEEK. A VERY WEAK LOW PASSES SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON
TUESDAY WITH A WARM FRONT REMAINING TO THE SOUTH. A STRONG COLD
FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
FOR THE END OF THE WEEK.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW around 6 kt after midnight. A chance of flurries. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind around 7 kt. A chance of flurries before 9am, then a chance of sprinkles between 9am and noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ENE wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind 8 to 12 kt becoming ESE after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming SSE 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 15 to 18 kt becoming SW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE