Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
12NM ESE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES BUILDS IN THROUGH SAT. A FRONTAL SYSTEM IMPACTS THE WATERS
LATE SUN INTO MON. HIGH PRES BUILDS IN BRIEFLY LATE MON INTO
TUE...THEN ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA TUE NIGHT AND
- Tonight NNW wind around 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNW wind around 7 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt after midnight. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW 15 to 20 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. A chance of rain and snow before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE