Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
3 Miles SSE Bayonne NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 22. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30. West wind around 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind 8 to 15 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE