Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1005.0 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
3 Miles N Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 44. East wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 58. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 19. Windy, with a south wind 13 to 18 mph becoming northwest 24 to 29 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northwest wind around 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE