Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedE 1 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
WHISKEYTOWN HQ#2 (OBRC1)
Lat: 40.610514 Lon: -122.527314 Elev: 1360ft.
12 Miles WSW Central Valley CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Widespread frost, mainly after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. West northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday Widespread frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30. West northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 64.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shasta Lake Area / Northern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE