Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSE 5 MPH
- Barometer30.49 in
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC)
Lat: 40.77069 Lon: -111.96503 Elev: 4226ft.
4 Miles NW Grantsville UT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Widespread haze after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 23. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Tonight Widespread haze before 11pm. Clear, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -8. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest around 6 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Widespread haze after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as -9. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the morning.
- Thursday Night Widespread haze. Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. Light and variable wind becoming southwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE