Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT FRIDAY...
- SynopsisLOW PRES SE OF MONTAUK WILL TRACK NE THROUGH FRI...REACHING NOVA
SCOTIA FRI NIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS SAT NIGHT. HIGH
PRES WILL BUILD TO THE S FOR THE START OF THE NEW WEEK.
- Tonight NNW wind 17 to 20 kt decreasing to 14 to 17 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 10pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 14 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 10 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind around 7 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE