Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
5NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHEAST OF THE WATERS THROUGH TONIGHT AS LOW
PRESSURE APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH. THE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE WEAKENS
AS IT MOVES NORTH THROUGH THE WATERS TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. A
MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA WEDNESDAY THROUGH
EARLY CHRISTMAS DAY...WITH A COLD FRONT PASSING THROUGH THE WATERS
LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
LATE THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- Today E wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 8 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog after 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ENE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after noon. Patchy fog after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday E wind 6 to 9 kt becoming S 14 to 19 kt. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 12 to 17 kt becoming SW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day W wind 14 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. A chance of showers before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night W wind 9 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE