Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT PASSES EARLY MON MORNING. A COLD FRONT PASSES MON
NIGHT. HIGH PRES BUILDS OVER THE WATERS TUE. LOW PRES TRACKS UP THE
COAST WED AND INTO THE MARITIMES ON THU. HIGH PRES BUILDS IN FROM
THE W ON FRI.
- Overnight SE wind 16 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 19 to 22 kt decreasing to 16 to 19 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 37 kt. Rain, mainly before 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night S wind 13 to 16 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind 9 to 11 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A slight chance of rain after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind 10 to 14 kt becoming NE in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Rain likely before 3pm, then rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 14 to 17 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Rain and snow likely before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE