Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Wednesday, one affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California and the other New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across both areas, with 2-4 inches of rainfall, with isolated higher amounts, possible by Thursday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE DELMARVA WILL DEEPEN AND TRACK NORTHEAST
TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY...REACHING NEAR NOVA SCOTIA BY FRIDAY
EVENING. A COLD FRONT THEN MOVES ACROSS THE AREA WATERS SATURDAY
NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS SOUTH OF THE REGION FOR THE START OF
THE NEW WEEK.
- Tonight N wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNW wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Rain, mainly before 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 13 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 8 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 16 to 19 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 10 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE