Winter weather forecast in Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow will continue Friday in the Northeast as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the recent nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast, as snowfall totals will generally be six inches or less, with the exception of Maine where up to a foot is possible. Meanwhile, snow is forecast for the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE AND ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT PASS THROUGH THE WATERS THIS
MORNING. AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST TONIGHT AND SATURDAY AS THE LOW
RAPIDLY DEEPENS ALONG THE NORTHEAST COAST. ANOTHER AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE WILL PASS SOUTH OF THE WATERS SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS IN TUESDAY.
- Today NW wind 14 to 17 kt increasing to 20 to 23 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. A slight chance of snow before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind around 25 kt, with gusts as high as 42 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 21 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE 9 to 14 kt in the evening. Snow likely, mainly after 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 14 to 19 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Snow likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 11 to 14 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE