Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
4 Miles SSW Ridgewood NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. West wind 8 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 30. Northeast wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 29. Blustery, with a northeast wind 16 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 14 to 18 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE