Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1016.7 mb)
- Dewpoint51°F (11°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill52°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Howard Beach NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Areas of dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 51. North wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain. Low around 37. North wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain before 9am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely before 9pm, then rain and snow likely, possibly mixed with sleet between 9pm and 3am, then rain likely after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Monday Rain. High near 48. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE