Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 20 G 29 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.1 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
3 Miles S Ridgewood NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 20. West wind around 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 34. Northeast wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1am. Low around 31. East wind around 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE