Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
2 Miles SW Woodhaven NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind around 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 35. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then rain and snow between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of light rain before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE