Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.56 in (1034.7 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before midnight, then sleet between midnight and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 34. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 48. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. West wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE