Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer30.39 in (1028.9 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Howard Beach NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Sleet likely before 3am, then rain. Low around 29. East wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 47. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE