Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedE 10 G 17 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1028.9 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
3 Miles S New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Freezing rain and sleet before 3am, then rain or freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 29. East wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 45. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind around 16 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE