Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1004.1 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.97°W Elev: 144ft.
3 Miles SSW New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 46. East wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 56. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 23 to 28 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Windy, with a northwest wind 30 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE