Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.55 in (1033.9 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
3 Miles SSW New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow before 9pm, then snow and sleet between 9pm and 11pm, then rain after 11pm. Low around 33. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE