Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 16 mph
- Barometer30.21 in (1023.0 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Springfield Gardens NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 30. Northeast wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 10pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 29. Blustery, with a northeast wind 15 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE