Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1019.8 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Springfield Gardens NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 34. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain or drizzle, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. North wind 6 to 8 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain likely after 4am. Low around 34. Light east wind increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE