Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedS 18 G 29 mph
- Barometer29.16 in (987.5 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind around 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tonight Rain showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a west wind 14 to 19 mph becoming northwest 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a steady temperature around 23. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 14 to 19 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. South wind 8 to 18 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE