Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 8 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1033.8 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
South Ozone Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then rain and sleet after 2am. Low around 34. East wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE