Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 mph
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.4 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
South Ozone Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. High near 54. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 24 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE