Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSE 6 MPH
- Barometer30.08 in (1023.2 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill1°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC)
Lat: 40.77069 Lon: -111.96503 Elev: 4226ft.
22 Miles WNW Grantsville UT
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 10 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -2. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow showers after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -2. South wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. South southeast wind 9 to 13 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Great Salt Lake Desert and Mountains, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE