Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 15 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1034.3 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
3 Miles SE New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet likely before 10pm, then periods of rain and snow between 10pm and 1am, then periods of rain after 1am. Low around 32. East wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE