Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EST THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY
- SynopsisA NOR'EASTER DEVELOPS ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST TODAY. THIS
STORM WILL AFFECT THE WATERS THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS BACK IN ON WEDNESDAY...THEN A WEAKER LOW PRESSURE
SYSTEM AFFECTS THE REGION LATE IN THE WEEK.
- Today NE wind 14 to 17 kt. Periods of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 17 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 16 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Light snow likely, mainly before 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of light snow after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Light snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 12 to 15 kt in the afternoon. A chance of light snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE