Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT EARLY THIS MORNING...
- SynopsisLOW PRES S OF MONTAUK WILL DEEPEN AND TRACK NE
THROUGH FRI...REACHING NOVA SCOTIA FRI NIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS SAT NIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD TO THE S FOR THE START
OF THE NEW WEEK.
- Overnight N wind around 22 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNW wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 14 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 9 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE