Unsettled weather expected across parts of New England, central Plains and West
Three separate weather systems will bring unsettled weather to various parts of the country on Wed. A coastal system is spreading snow & freezing rain into northern New England. In the central US, heavy snow is expected for parts of the central Plains & mid-Miss. Valley. Meanwhile, a system moving onshore along the Pacific Coast will bring rain and mountain snow to Calif. & the Intermountain West.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE REGION THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK
BEFORE SLOWLY DEPARTING OVER THE WEEKEND. WEAK LOW PRESSURE
PASSES WELL SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON SUNDAY. ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE
CENTER THEN APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY.
- Tonight W wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Isolated sprinkles before 4am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday WNW wind 11 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE