Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 6 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1022.6 mb)
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 34. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1am. Low around 31. East wind 11 to 16 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE