Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 8 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1033.3 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Richmond Hill NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then periods of rain after 2am. Low around 33. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. West wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE