Winter weather forecast from Great Lakes to Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow is expected Thursday and Friday from the Great Lakes to the Northeast, as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast earlier this week, as snowfall totals of six inches or less are expected. Snow and freezing rain are forecast for parts of the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE FRIDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WAS MOVING OFF THE NORTHEAST AND MID ATLANTIC COAST
THIS AFTERNOON AND WILL CONTINUE MOVING OFFSHORE THROUGH THIS
AFTERNOON. AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST
THIS EVENING...THEN CROSSES THE AREA LATE TONIGHT AND
FRIDAY...IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT. ANOTHER
AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL PASS SOUTH OF THE WATERS EARLY NEXT
- Tonight SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Snow, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 7 to 10 kt becoming NW 16 to 21 kt. Snow likely, mainly before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 21 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 18 to 21 kt decreasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 7 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 7 to 9 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A slight chance of snow after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind 7 to 12 kt becoming S in the evening. A chance of snow after 8pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind 15 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNW wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 7 to 10 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE