Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST TUESDAY...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE MOVING THROUGH SOUTHEASTERN CANADA WILL BRING A COLD
FRONT ACROSS THE WATERS TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN LATE
TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE SOUTHEASTERN
SEABOARD TUESDAY NIGHT...DEEPENS AND TRACKS NORTHEAST...PASSING
SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND WEDNESDAY NIGHT...AND TO THE CANADIAN
MARITIMES DURING THE DAY THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN
BEHIND THE SYSTEM THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...MOVING OFF THE COAST
- Tonight SSW wind 12 to 15 kt becoming WSW 9 to 12 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 7 to 12 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and 1pm, then snow after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind 8 to 11 kt becoming WNW 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Snow, mainly before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind 5 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night WNW wind around 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 8 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WNW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE