Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
2NM SW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS ACROSS THE WATERS MUCH OF THE TIME THROUGH
SUNDAY. A WEAK COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS THURSDAY. ANOTHER COLD
FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE FORECAST WATERS AT THE START OF THE WEEK.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind around 12 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ESE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE