Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
2NM SW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST TODAY...THEN CROSSES THE
TRI-STATE TONIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN ON WEDNESDAY...THEN
REMAINS OVER THE REGION INTO FRIDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH
FRIDAY NIGHT AND MOVE ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SW wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 9 to 11 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am, then a slight chance of showers between 1am and 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE