Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. on Saturday
Another Pacific system will impact the West Coast today. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. Strong winds and heavy elevation snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF THE WATERS THROUGH
EARLY NEXT WEEK. A VERY WEAK LOW PASSES SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON
TUESDAY WITH A WARM FRONT REMAINING TO THE SOUTH. A STRONG COLD
FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
FOR THE END OF THE WEEK.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of flurries. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNW around 6 kt in the morning. A chance of flurries, mixing with sprinkles after 9am, then gradually ending. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 5 to 7 kt in the evening. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ENE wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SSE 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind 11 to 14 kt becoming SW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE