Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TRACKS NORTHEAST TO A
POSITION SOUTHEAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING.
MEANWHILE...ANOTHER COASTAL LOW DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST
LATE SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIME
PROVINCES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND THIS
STORM INTO TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 6 kt. Isolated showers after 4pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 8 to 12 kt. Light rain likely, mainly after 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Periods of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night N wind 16 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NW wind 21 to 26 kt, with gusts as high as 37 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 18 to 23 kt decreasing to 9 to 14 kt. Winds could gust as high as 34 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind around 9 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE