Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms through Wednesday evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
2NM SW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH
THURSDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE
WEEK. A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE WATERS ON SATURDAY. HIGH PRES
BUILD S OF THE WATERS SUN AND E OF THE AREA MON.
- Tonight N wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of rain or drizzle, mainly after 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of rain or drizzle, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NE wind 6 to 9 kt. A slight chance of rain or drizzle before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind around 6 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ESE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 10 to 13 kt. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 7 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE