Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedSE 17 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.50 in (999.0 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
Kew Gardens NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 4pm. High near 54. South wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 14 to 23 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind 11 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE