Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 15 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1021.8 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 8 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 29. Northeast wind 11 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then rain or freezing rain between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Temperature rising to around 34 by 2am. Blustery, with a northeast wind 16 to 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 14 to 17 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE