Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 17 MPH
- Barometer29.64 in (1006.9 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Elko, Elko Regional Airport (KEKO)
Lat: 40.82404 Lon: -115.78635 Elev: 5052ft.
21 Miles ESE Elko NV
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 17. Wind chill values as low as -6. West wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tonight Scattered snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4. Wind chill values as low as -21. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -22. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. West southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 15. West northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ruby Mountains/East Humboldt Range, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE