Severe thunderstorms will continue this evening and tonight
Strong storms with heavy rain, wind and hail will continue over Oklahoma, Arkansas and northeast Texas this evening and tonight. Strong storms are also expected from northeast Pennsylvania to Maine. More strong storms may impact the Idaho panhandle, eastern Washington State, western Montana and southwest Tennessee. Hot temperatures continue for the Great Basin, southern Arizona and Oregon.
2NM WSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE REGION OVERNIGHT...AND MOVE EAST OF
THE AREA THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS FOR FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE
WILL MOVE OFF THE COAST DURING THE WEEKEND AND A COLD FRONT WILL
PASS THROUGH THE AREA EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind around 9 kt. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE