Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST AND MOVES OVER THE NORTHEAST
INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. WEAK LOW PRESSURE PASSES SOUTH OF THE WATERS
- Overnight WNW wind around 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow showers before 9am, then a slight chance of rain showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ENE wind around 7 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE