Wintry mix and snow from western mountains to Ohio Valley Saturday
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE TRI-STATE THROUGH TONIGHT...THEN
SLIDES OFFSHORE SUNDAY. A COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST LATE
SUNDAY...THEN CROSSES THE AREA SUNDAY NIGHT...AS AN AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE DEVELOPS ALONG THE FRONT. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS OVER
THE AREA INTO TUESDAY. ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA
TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WSW 5 to 7 kt after midnight. Snow, mainly before 2am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WNW wind 8 to 11 kt decreasing to 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Snow likely before midnight, then rain and snow likely between midnight and 3am, then rain likely after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WSW wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind around 6 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE