Tropical Storm Bertha moving through northeastern Caribbean
The National Hurricane Center is currently monitoring Tropical Storm Bertha as it moves through the northeastern Caribbean, with maximum sustained winds of 50 mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with Bertha expected to pass near Puerto Rico on Saturday, before eventually curving to the north and northeast, away from the U.S. mainland.
2NM WSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL IMPACT THE WATERS THROUGH SUNDAY. HIGH PRES WILL
BUILD IN FROM MON INTO TUE. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH ON WED.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 8 to 10 kt. Showers, mainly before 2pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. A chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE