Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
2NM WSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE REGION TONIGHT IN THE WAKE OF A
SURFACE TROUGH. A COLD FRONT THEN APPROACHES DURING TUESDAY BEFORE
PASSING THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FOR THE
LATTER HALF OF THE WEEK. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL IMPACT THE REGION
- Overnight SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8pm and 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind around 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 6 to 11 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE