Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND A DEPARTING COLD FRONT TONIGHT. THE
CENTER OF THIS HIGH PASSES TO TO THE NORTH MONDAY AS AN INTENSE LOW
PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPS ALONG THE MID ATLANTIC COAST. THIS
NOR'EASTER WILL AFFECT THE WATERS LATE MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT.
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS BACK IN ON WEDNESDAY...THEN A WEAKER LOW
PRESSURE SYSTEM IMPACTS THE REGION LATE IN THE WEEK.
- Tonight NNW wind 8 to 12 kt becoming NE after midnight. A chance of snow after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 14 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Snow likely before 9am, then snow with widespread blowing snow after 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night N wind 19 to 22 kt increasing to 25 to 28 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 kt. Snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNW wind 30 to 32 kt, with gusts as high as 43 kt. Snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind 23 to 28 kt decreasing to 18 to 23 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 kt. Snow with widespread blowing snow before midnight, then widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow between midnight and 3am, then widespread blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 12 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE