Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
2NM WSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE NEAR NOVA SCOTIA CONTINUES TO TRACK TO THE NORTHEAST
TODAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS WEST OF THE FORECAST WATERS. AN UPPER
LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL PASS THROUGH DURING THE DAY. HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS INTO THE AREA WATERS FRIDAY...THEN PASSES EAST SATURDAY INTO
SUNDAY. A WARM FRONT WILL LIFT THROUGH ON SUNDAY...FOLLOWED BY A
COLD FRONT ON MONDAY.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind 9 to 11 kt. A slight chance of flurries. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WNW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SW in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 6 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE