Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and mid/upper Mississippi River Valley
Severe thunderstorms are expected across portions of the northern Plains and upper Mississippi Valley Wednesday. Large hail and damaging winds will be the main threats with these storms, but a tornado or two could occur as well. Other strong to severe storms may occur from late afternoon into the overnight hours from the middle Mississippi Valley into the lower Ohio Valley.
2NM WSW New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD INTO THE AREA THROUGH THURSDAY...AND THEN
BECOME ANCHORED OVER NEW ENGLAND RIGHT THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind 7 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ESE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming ENE after midnight. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind around 9 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE