Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedE 6 mph
- Barometer29.70 in (1005.7 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
Fresh Meadows NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a steady temperature around 48. East wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 54. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 15 to 23 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 14 to 19 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE