Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedS 18 G 28 mph
- Barometer29.19 in (988.5 mb)
- Dewpoint42°F (6°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 11ft.
Forest Hills NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a west wind 14 to 19 mph becoming northwest 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a steady temperature around 23. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 14 to 19 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. South wind 8 to 18 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Southwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Saturday A slight chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE