Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.63 in (1002.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.97°W Elev: 144ft.
New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 43. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 57. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Windy, with a west wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Windy, with a northwest wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE