Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1023.9 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind around 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE