Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1023.6 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
New York NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 33. Northeast wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 11pm, then rain. Low around 31. East wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE