Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 10 mph
- Barometer30.60 in (1036.0 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Oakland Gardens NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then periods of rain after 2am. Low around 31. East wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE