Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1033.7 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility1.50 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
Jackson Heights NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then rain and sleet between 3am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 31. East wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE