Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 16 G 21 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1027.6 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Freezing rain before 3am, then rain or freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 29. East wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE