Severe Weather Possible for Parts of Northern Rockies, High Plains, Ohio Valley, and Carolinas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening for four distinct areas across the U.S.: from central Idaho into northwestern Montana; from northwest Texas to extreme southeastern Montana; across central Illinois, southern Indiana and into northern Kentucky; and across the central and eastern Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint64°F (18°C)
- Visibility1.75 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 62. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78. North wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 81. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 63. South wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 79.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68.
- Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE