Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 18 G 28 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.2 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. West wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight A chance of flurries between 9pm and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE