Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer29.64 in (1003.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 11ft.
Jackson Heights NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 13 to 22 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 23 by 10am. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 42. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE