Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 31. Northeast wind 11 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 1am, then rain or freezing rain between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 30. Blustery, with a northeast wind 15 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 14 to 18 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Friday Cloudy, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE