Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1023.6 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of flurries between 9pm and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind around 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind around 14 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE